<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 09, 2004


I'M TICKLED RED: ONE WEEK LATER, IT STILL FEELS GREAT 

Euphoric. Happy. Ecstatic. Those are my feelings over the election. Shall I continue?


Admit it, you love it!

The election was a week ago and President Bush's victory still feels great. I want to get that off my chest. I am happy. I am happy the president was reelected and I am happy that the Republicans increased their advantages in the House and Senate. All of my favorite sports teams can lose every game they play and I won't care. I can fall down the stairs, break my leg, knock out my teeth and I'll still be happy. Do you think I'm kidding? I'm serious.

For all the talk in the media about depressed Democrats there has to be an equal number of delirious Republicans like me who have been walking around for the last 7 days with a big smile. There's a lot of talk about secession, electronic vote fraud, stupid hicks, dumb conservatives, gullible religious fanatics, melancholy hippies and sickened pollsters. I prefer to talk about a great president, smart voters and a country that is in good hands with a secure future.

George W. Bush is my president. I have admired him more and more since his heroic leadership helped us get through 9/11. I saw him make politically tough decisions in order to bring down 2 evil regimes. I saw President Bush take all the slings and arrows hurled toward his way as he was attacked relentlessly by foreign foes, supposedly foreign allies, the media and Democrats. I watched as he soldiered on undaunted by intimidation and displayed courage under fire.

The crucible that was the 2004 election made Bush's victory all the more sweet. Democrats complain that they no longer believe in democracy simply because their candidate lost. They already poisoned the nation's discourse by claiming that their opponent "stole" the election in 2000. They further poisoned the well of democracy by threatening to leave the country or act is if the world is coming to an end. The most important time to reaffirm your faith in democracy is when you lose - the will of the people is what our national framework is all about.

If you are upset about the election, I am sorry. Losing is never easy. However, feeling sorry for yourself is not the answer. Complaining, blaming and attacking the winning side won't help your cause. One day your side will win, I know that. You can attack, slime, lie and insult all you want but you're not going to wipe the big grin off my face.

Today, I am happy. Giddy, joyous, satisfied, emboldened. Allow me to smile. Allow me to chuckle. I voted for President George W. Bush and so did 60 million of my fellow citizens. He won, we won, the whole country won. I'm proud of my president and my fellow Americans. Not bad, not bad at all!


|




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?